This is a collection of organ music from the Nordic lands.
These new compositions celebrate a culture that has one foot in tradition yet always looks ahead, placing the other foot on the path toward new expression. Here are contemporary works that have a foundation in traditional themes, but in addition take these concepts to new destinations.
This is Nordic Journey, a voyage for both the performer and auditor. Travel alongside these new works to gain a unique insight into the creativity that is now being realized in the Nordic World. It is an exciting time to be a part of this exploration!
Cantando invites you to consider this exciting new repertoire by living Nordic composers, music that expresses a unique interpretation of the contemporary Nordic spirit.
- Rhapsodie sur “Ramus virens olivarum” by Santeri Siimes (b. 1981)
- Intermezzo nr. 1 by Pauli í Sandagerði (b. 1955)
- Canon, Partite & Fuga by Mauri Viitala (b. 1948) per organo sopra il corale Sen suven suloisuutta
- A Part Of My Heritage by Mårten Jansson (b. 1965)
- Ein feste Burg ist unser Gottt by Mårten Jansson
- Summer Fantasy by Sven-Ingvart Mikkelsen (b. 1955)
- Variations and Fugue On A Danish Folk Tune by Sven-Ingvart Mikkelsen
- Fantasia um Ísland, farsælda Frón by Hildigunnur Rúnarsdóttir (b. 1964)
All of the music is recorded and can be found here: https://proorgano.com/